We recently worked with Eric Wright Construction Ltd. as BREEAM AP advisors and assessors on a number of schemes, including the new Blackburn Health Centre.
Located within the town centre of Blackburn, the health centre achieved a rating of BREEAM 'Excellent'. ARB staff worked closely with the design team and ensured that the high standard of environmental performance was incorporated into the design from an early stage, in the context of a tight cost envelope.
Key features include:
- Air source heat pumps delivering >20% carbon saving
- Highly insulated building fabric
- Low water consuming systems and equipment throughout
- Careful landscape design to enhance ecological benefits
- Detailed consultation with stakeholders and community to ensure all aspirations met